BUILT IN 1635 by an Italian banker from the court of Marie de Medici, Zanobi Lioni, the castle of Auvers dominates the valley of the Oise and offers an exceptional panorama on this preserved landscape. Remodeled in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, the various owners leave their mark on the field. The succession of terraces is reminiscent of the villas of the Italian Renaissance, while the classical style castle faces the boxwood embroidery of the French garden. The Nymphaeum, fountain covered with mosaics of shells, has been preserved. IN 1890, THE CHÂTEAU INSPIRE VINCENT VAN GOGH a known painting, The Castle of Auvers at sunset. In 1987, the Val d'Oise County Council acquired the entire site and renovated it entirely. Since October 2017, the castle is home to the "Vision Impressionist" course. He traces the history of Impressionism, from its inspirations to its influences on the artistic movements that followed. BETWEEN VIRTUAL AND REAL, the exhibition of the departmental collection of painting (Val d'Oise) focuses on the valley of the Oise as a source of inspiration for artists.
Contact par mail
* Required fields